Monday, December 7, 2009

Holiday Fancy

I know this is late, but I have a few Thanksgiving treats to share. First off, a few days before Thanksgiving I bought a giant pumpkin in attempt to make delicious homemade pumpkin pies. (I've since learned that the best pies come from small "pie" pumpkins.) The pumpkins this size were selling for $20, but this one had a spot that was going bad so I got it for $8.


When I finally sawed the top off, I felt like a champion holding up my prize, the head of my opponent.


Carving out the guts of the pumpkin. Whew! It was harder than I thought it was going to be.


The inside view of the pumpkin.


My younger sister, Loren, scraping out the seeds. We baked the seeds til they were golden brown and salted them. They made a delicious treat!


The two pies that came from our pumpkin. They looked nicer than they tasted. :/ Perhaps I should stick to simply making my pumpkin pies from the canned pumpkin.


A few days ago, I decided to make a decent pie. (I made this one with canned pumpkin.) I used my new pie dish from IKEA, which I LOVED! It was so easy to clean and cook with.


Instead of making my own crust, I bought this pack of two pie crusts from Pillsbury. The crust was delicious and easy to use.


I even used a fun holiday spatula! The pie was delicious and looked so pretty. Thus concludes my holiday baking so far. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment